Change to new library software Alma
The new system makes it easier for the library to work together, for example, when processing interlibrary loan orders. It also simplifies internal processes and reduces the support effort.
The changeover will be largely unnoticeable for you as a user:in and without any major limitations. But please note: For persons with a user card - whether physical or virtual - the password will automatically change to 8 digits of the date of birth (DDMMYYYY) with the changeover.
The switchover will take place from 17 to 25 August 2023. The LIVIVO search portal and the on-site lending service can be used without any problems at any time. Please note the following information regarding short-term restrictions:
- On-site lending of books is possible at any time.
- Between 24 July and 25 August 2023, interlibrary loan of books via Digibib and Subito is not possible..
- Furthermore, between 17 and 25 August 2023, no books can be sent from ZB MED to external libraries and users via interlibrary loan.
- Ordering articles from journals via Subito is possible at any time.
- Between 21 and 25 August 2023, the use of electronic journals and e-books via our remote access licences is not possible.
Library cards and charges:
- Between 17 and 25 August 2023, it will not be possible to issue library cards or pay charges.
- All renewal fees and loan periods are currently suspended, so you will not suffer any disadvantages here.
During the changeover period, you can contact the lending desk all day on site, by e-mail or by telephone on +49 221 478-7070. If you have any problems, please contact us!
Would you like to learn more about the new library software?
Our experts Daniela Jentsch and Susanne Ruhm explain the background and context in a blog article:
Reaching the GO:AL - ZB MED goes Alma (in German)
Press release of the Ministry of Culture and Science of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia (in German)
Press release of the NRW University Library Centre (in German)