Head of Knowledge Management
Deputy Scientific Director
Key tasks and activities
- W2 professorship in “Intelligent information retrieval and pattern recognition” at the University of Bonn’s Faculty of Agriculture
- federated research data infrastructure for personal health data - Coordination NFDI4Health
- Text and data mining
Juliane Fluck studied biology and completed her PhD in the field of cell biology and immunology with computer science as her minor. The bioinformatics scientist began work at the Fraunhofer Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing SCAI in 2000, and in 2006 she took charge of the Text Mining group. In April 2017, she was appointed as deputy head of the Bioinformatics department.
Professor Fluck specialises in the fields of text and data mining. Key topics of her research include semantic data integration and the electronic availability and interoperability of data and knowledge. Her responsibilities at Fraunhofer SCAI have included academic and industrial information extraction projects as well as the development of ontologies, terminologies and training corpora. Juliane Fluck is an ardent supporter of public evaluation and standardisation activities. Her research group regularly participates in competitive evaluation processes, and she herself co-organises events in this field.
Professional bodies and associations
- Scientific advisory board of the Einstein Center Digital Future, Berlin
- Advisory board of the Centre for Cancer Registry Data at the Robert Koch Institute
- Scientific advisory board of Health.AI