Data Steward: A job description as diverse as the fields of application
The report describes five different prototypical profiles of data stewards:
- Data stewards as generalists
- Data stewards advising on general research data management
- Disciplinary data stewards
- Data stewards as coordinators
- Information infrastructure-related data stewards
On the one hand, the report outlines the required competencies for each profile, and on the other, possible training paths. The suggestions serve as concrete decision-making aids for institutions wishing to implement data stewardship.
The last part of the report formulates recommendations for political decision-makers and funding institutions as well as for training providers to qualify data stewards.
In the video interview, Dr Jens Dierkes (USB Cologne), Fabian Hoffmann (USB Cologne) and Dr Eva Seidlmayer (ZB MED) from the project team explain the newly developed modular system and provide insights into the project work.
- Dr. Jens Dierkes, Project Manager USB
- Birte Lindstädt, Project Manager ZB MED
To the report:
- Supporting Research: Recommendations for Data Stewardship at Academic Research Institutions - Results of the DataStew project (in German)
To the video:
- Datastewardship in Germany - stocktaking, recommendations and outlook. An interview with Dr Jens Dierkes, Fabian Hoffmann and Dr Eva Seidlmayer from the DataStew project team (in German)
To the full press release (in German)