Data science for life sciences
The research groups headed by Professor Konrad Förstner develop data science based methods and information services. They applie these within the realm of life sciences as a means of translating large, heterogeneous data sets into biological and medical knowledge. The researchers focus primarily on analysing high-throughput sequencing data and biomedical literature. The goals of their research activities include a system biology understanding of pathogenic bacteria, high-resolution referencing of knowledge in Wikidata, and the modelling of performance indicators and research fields in the life sciences.
Current members of the research group "Omics Data Analytics"
- Mandela Akinyemi Fasemore (Postdoc)
- Silvia Di Giorgio (PhD student) further information
- Muhammad Elhossary (PhD student)
- Till Sauerwein (Postdoc) further information
Current members of the research group "Information Research"
- Dr. Arindam Halder (Postdoc) further information
- Dr. Klaus Lippert (Postdoc)
- Rabea Müller (Data Librarian) further information
- Vanessa Scharf (Data Librarian)
- Dr. Eva Seidlmayer (Postdoc) further information
- Vivian Monzon (Master student)
- Felix Langer (Master student)
- Elnaz Jajin (visiting scientist)
- Sughra Hakim (visiting scientist)
- Martin Bilko (Semester Internship)