GPS Coordinates: N50.92466 / E6.91666
ZB MED – Information Centre for Life Sciences
Cologne Site, Medicine, Health
Gleueler Str. 60
50931 Cologne (Köln)
Library code: 38M
International Standard Identifier for Libraries (ISIL): DE-38M
ZB MED is located on the site of the University Hospital of Cologne.
From Cologne main train station (Hauptbahnhof)
- Take tram number 16 or 18 to Neumarkt
- Change to tram number 9 in the direction of Sülz and exit the tram when you reach the Lindenburg/Universitätskliniken stop (journey takes approx. 12 minutes, 6 stops)
- After you get off the tram, continue walking approximately 150 metres in the same direction as the tram and turn right into Leichtensternstraße. The main entrance to the hospital complex is at the end of the street.
- Walk all the way through the hospital building and you will see the entrance to ZB MED opposite the ward block exit
- Take bus number 146 to the Leiblplatz stop and continue walking approximately 150 metres in the same direction after getting off the bus.
- On the left-hand side of the road you will see the vehicle entrance (barriers) to the hospital grounds.
- Continue straight on down the road behind the barrier until you reach the Tiefhof courtyard after approx. 100 metres. The ZB MED building is located on the left (building 14).
You can reach the main entrance of ZB MED either via the stairs or the lift.
From the Köln-Süd train station
Leave the station via the "Zülpicher Straße" exit.
From there, take tram number 9 from the Dasselstraße/Bahnhof Süd stop in the direction of Sülz until you reach the "Lindenburg/Universitätskliniken" stop (journey takes approx. 5 minutes, 3 stops)
From the Köln-Deutz / Messe train station
Take tram number 9 (direct) or number 1 in the direction of Weiden West/Junkersdorf (change from tram 1 to tram 9 at the Neumarkt stop). Continue for 9 stops in the direction of Sülz and get off the tram at the "Lindenburg" stop.
The journey takes about 18 minutes.
Links to rail and public transport systems
For more information on how to reach us by public transport, please visit the Deutsche Bahn AG website or consult the online timetables provided by the Rhine/Sieg public transport company.
You can also find plans of the regional train and tram networks in the Cologne area (PDF format, requires Adobe Acrobat Reader) on the website of the Rhine/Sieg public transport company and timetable information on the KVB website.
Access for deliveries
You can reach the library's delivery entrance directly from Gleueler Straße. From Universitätsstraße (L100), turn right into Bachemer Straße heading out of the city. Keep left and after approximately half a kilometer Gleueler Straße forks off to the left, while Bachemer Straße bends to the right. Continue on Gleueler Straße for approximately 1 km until you reach Leiblplatz. Just a little further on you will see an entrance on the left-hand side (red and white barrier) providing access to the university hospital (please note that you can only turn into the hospital grounds if you are heading in the direction of the city centre). You will need to get a ticket from the machine to park on the hospital premises, though there is no charge for periods of up to 30 minutes.
Drive straight on after passing through the barrier to reach the library (building 14).