Partnerships, memberships, committees, cooperation…
ZB MED is
- a partner in the Leibniz Library Network for Research Information (Goportis);
- a member of the Leibniz-Association;
- one of the initiators of the German Medical Libraries Association (AGMB);
- an international WHO documentation centre for the Federal Republic of Germany.
ZB MED is involved in a variety of collaborative projects and partnerships with both national and international institutions.
One of its longest running partnerships is with the German Institute of Medical Documentation and Information (DIMDI). One of the most significant results of this cooperation was the founding of the "Medical Information Network" (Informationsverbund Medizin).
As part of its cooperation with the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM) – the world's largest medical library and the organisation behind MEDLINE – ZB MED operates as the official European supplier of full texts in response to searches conducted in the NLM's bibliographic databases PubMed (Loansome Doc).
Our other partners include:
- Agricultural Information Institute / Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (AII / CAAS)
- AGLINET (Agricultural Libraries Network)
- aid infodienst - information on consumer protection, nutrition, agriculture
- Working group of university libraries from the federal state of North Rhine-Westphalia (AGUB)
- Association of the Scientific Medical Societies of Germany (AWMF)
- ARIES GmbH, Leichlingen
- German Federal Agency for Agriculture and Food (BLE)
- German Institute of Medical Documentation and Information (DIMDI)
- FIZ Karlsruhe – a provider of sci-tech information
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, David Lubin Memorial Library
- GESIS - Central archive for empirical social research
- Cologne University of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Information Science and Communication Studies
- Faculty of Agricultural and Applied Biological Sciences, Leuven
- Institute of Agricultural and Food Information (IAFI), Prague
- Institute fo Medical Information / Chinese Academy of Medical Science (IMICAMS)
- Keio University Medical Library, Tokyo
- Clinical Computer Centre at the University of Cologne
- Koninklijke Nederlandse Akademie von Wetenschappen
- Cologne libraries
- Lehmanns specialist bookstore, Cologne
- Chair of Algorithms and Data Structures at the University of Freiburg, Prof. Dr. Hannah Bast
- National Library of Medicine (Bethesda, MD, USA)
- National Agricultural Library (Bethesda, MD, USA)
- Regional Computer Centre at the University of Cologne
- University of Bonn
- subito e.V.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Leipzig-Halle (UFZ)
- Bonn University and State Library
- Cochrane Haematological Malignancies Group, University of Cologne
- University of Cologne, Medical Faculty
- University and City Library of Cologne
- World Health Organization (WHO)
We also cooperate with university libraries, specialist libraries and other scientific libraries both in Germany and worldwide.
The German Research Foundation (DFG)
The DFG has supported, and continues to support, many of ZB MED's projects and initiatives, including: