Main themes and topics
- Plant production: horticulture; viticulture; fruit growing; field crops; ornamental, aromatic and medicinal plants; botany and phytosociology; plant physiology; genetics and breeding; seed and propagating material production; nutrient management and fertilization; tillage; mechanisation.
- Plant protection and food safety: integrated pest (bacteria, fungi, viruses, virus-like agents, nematodes, insects, mites) management; biological control; food safety; plant biotic and abiotic disorders; plant tolerance and resistance; weed control; quarantine pests; plant certification; post-harvest handling and technologies; pesticide residues.
- Organic agriculture: production techniques; agro-ecology; biodiversity and agro-ecosystems management; soil fertility management (cover crops, compost); standards, legislation, inspection, certification, accreditation and labelling; organic agro-food products marketing;
- Environment protection and natural resources management: water and land resources management; irrigation; pedology; agro-meteorology; climate change; land degradation and desertification; deforestation and forest management; irrigation systems performance and management; soil-water-plant-atmosphere continuum; drainage; salinity; environmental impacts of food production and consumption; multifunctionality; renewable energy.
- Animal husbandry: animal production; animal health and zoonoses; physiology; nutrition; animal welfare; epidemiology; biosecurity; veterinary services; genetics and breeding; beekeeping; poultry and aviculture; rangeland, grassland and pasture management; grazing management.
- Rural development and agro-economy: rural policy; farm economics and management; governance; rural economy diversification; rural finance; green economy; rural tourism; social capital and rural institutions; rural services; rural-urban interactions; local, territorial and area-based development; rural innovation systems; rural networks and clusters; valorisation of typical and traditional products; gender issues; agricultural extension and advisory services; rural resilience and vulnerability.
Received contributions that are related to agriculture and rural development but are not directly linked to the existing sessions will be included in one of the sessions mentioned above depending of paper topic or a new session will be introduced.