German Medical Science
German Medical Science (gms) is the ZB MED's medical publishing portal. Designed as an online platform for journals, congress and research reports, gms offers open access to medical articles that are high-ranking and quality reviewed. The gms portal provides an easy way for scientists from all sectors of the medical arena to publish their research results online.
On 21 October 2011, German Medical Science will be awarded the distinction of "Selected Landmark 2011" (Ausgewählter Ort 2011) in the "German - Land of Ideas" (Deutschland - Land der Ideen) initiative.
What are the advantages of gms?
- Innovative: Our open access system means that gms publications are freely accessible online from anywhere in the world.
- Approved: Approved: Everything published through gms meets the requirements stipulated by both the German Research Foundation (DFG) and the European Research Council (ERC) regarding the guarantee of public access to publicly funded research results.
- Discriminating: Rigorous scientific quality is assured thanks to the peer review process.
- Accessible: Through scientific databases and search engines such as MEDLINE/PubMed, MEDPILOT, PubMed Central, and Google Scholar.
- Professional: The gms editorial team is efficient, flexible and reliable.
- Fast: As a rule, articles take between six and ten weeks to be made available online.
- Fair: Authors retain all the rights to their publications thanks to the use of a Creative Commons License.
- Citable: Every article is provided with persistent, unique identifiers (DOIs and URNs) and is electronically stored and backed up in the DIMDI computer centre.
Three strong partners
The quality of gms is assured thanks to the skills and expertise of its three cooperating partners:
- The ZB MED assures the quality of the editorial work;
- The AWMF (Association of the Scientific Medical Societies in Germany) is the network creator;
- The DIMDI (German Institute of Medical Documentation and Information) provides the necessary technical expertise.
“In my view, German Medical Science has successfully become one of the leading open access medical portals – a position that has been reinforced by the incorporation of GMS German Medical Science in MEDLINE. Using gms is a great way to publish your articles with one eye firmly on the future!”
> Karl-Heinz Jöckel, Essen, editorial board of GMS Medical Informatics, Biometry and Epidemiology
“The GMS Psycho-Social-Medicine journal allows German psychosocial/medical associations and societies to network not only among themselves but also with the wider international community. The constant increase in the number of people visiting the portal shows how successful this innovative concept is set to be in the future.”
> Christoph Herrmann-Lingen, Göttingen, editor of GMS Psycho-Social-Medicine
“Our study takes an interdisciplinary approach. That's why we decided to submit it to GMS German Medical Science – an Interdisciplinary Journal. The gms team published the article incredibly quickly and demonstrated great skill and care in the editing process. Many thanks for making things run so smoothly!”
> Swen-Malte John, Osnabrück, author, MS German Medical Science – an Interdisciplinary Journal
Phone: +49 (0)221 478 5603